Spend a weekend exploring this new route!
Every year Cape Camino does a walking pilgrimage route to raise funds for StreetSmart SA, set in the Cape Province. This time it is hosted by diverse sacred spaces and local neighbourhoods, rural farm lands. The route is available for everyone to use at any time of year. It is designed to offer a personal pilgrimage experience. There are no rules, only guidelines and information for how to go about your journey.
Every year, Cape Camino offers shorter Camino packages for those who only have a weekend available.
- 2 full days walking on the Saturday and Sunday.
- Accompanied by chaperones.
- Guesthouse and homestay shared accommodation.
- Breakfasts included.
- One dinner included in rural areas.
- Distances: between 14 and 20 km. No more than 20 km. Mostly flat.
- Difficulty: 6/10. Suitable for average fitness.
- Prices are per person sharing.
- Carry all your own gear.
- Transport to and from start and finish not included.
- Bookings at least 1 month in advance.
- Online Camino experience Kit included in each package.
24-26 July 2020 (Riebeeck Kasteel to Tulbagh) In association with StreetSmart SA.
The Route: Riebeeck Kasteel to Gouda 20km, Gouda to Tulbagh 14km.
Begin in the iconic Riebeeck Kasteel.
Arrive Friday afternoon and spend the night at The Royal Hotel/De Langenhof/Aunty Lena’s homestay on Friday 24 July 2020.
The first day is through farmlands and along a gravel road with wheat fields as far as the eye can see. Pitstop at Zonquasdrift. You'll end your first day in Gouda at a local biker's pontoon hosted by the Smuts family. The second day is into the lush mountainous setting of Tulbagh along a beautiful walkway next to a river. End in the charming town of Tulbagh at the Tulbagh hotel for pick up. Special accommodation can be arranged on a wine farm if desired.
Price: R3 850 pp sharing. Includes 2 nights stay, chaperones, breakfasts, packed lunch, 1 dinner, Camino Experience Kit.
Solo pilgrim add 50%
Includes a donation to StreetSmart SA.