Click here to read some impact stories of how your donation changed the lives of young people.
Organisations/Projects Selected for 2019
- Approved Organisations/Projects are invited to apply for funding.
- Disbursement of StreetSmart funding happens annually.
- Funded Organisations/Projects are required to give a detailed report on expenditure.
Cape Town StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Amy Foundation: R75,000 towards after school care programme facilitator fees.
- Cape Town Multi Service Centre: R150,000 towards two aftercare teachers’ salaries, family reconstruction worker salary, aftercare supplies, and child and youth care worker training.
- Home from Home: Masiphumulele, Ocean View and Westlake: R75,000 towards a social worker salary.
- Learn to Live: R150,000 towards the hospitality skills training instructor salary.
- Ons Plek: R150,000 towards a social worker salary.
- School of Hope – Thembalitsha Foundation: R150,000 towards computer skills training instructor salary.
- The Homestead: R75,000 towards a family reunification worker salary.
- T.L.C.: R150,000 towards family reconstruction worker and field worker salaries, and related transport costs.
- Zip Zap Circus: R75,000 towards the transport and operational costs for children and youth to attend 2nd Chance circus training workshops.
Franschhoek StreetSmart funds is towards:
- The Kusasa Project: R110,000 towards social worker salaries.
George StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Kidstop: R35,000 towards a child and youth care worker salary.
Johannesburg StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Kids Haven: R100,000 towards the Bridging School facilitator and social worker salaries.
- MES Youth Programme: R50,000 towards the after schools programme co-ordinator salary.
Knysna StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Sinethemba Projects: R100,000 towards a social auxiliary worker salary.
Plettenberg Bay StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Home from Home PLETT Projects: R20,000 towards social worker supervision.
- Masizame Projects: R50,000 towards a family reunification worker salary.
Stellenbosch StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Home from Home: Kayamandi (5) & Cloetesville (2): R80,000 towards a social worker salary.
- Pebbles Project - After-school club programme: R20,000 towards an After-School Club training facilitator salary.
- Stellumthombo – Becoming Kids: R20,000 towards a learning support facilitator salary.
Swellendam StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Cooper Street Aftercare: R5,000 towards stationary for the after school care programme.
- The Bursary Fund: R20,000.00 towards further education of 5 students.
Wellington StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Ma’s vir Wellington: R10,000 towards the field workers programme.
Feedback on how these funds were administered will be given by each organisation in Report format by 31 August 2019.