Click here to read some impact stories of how your donation changed the lives of young people.
Organisations/Projects Selected for 2021
- Approved Organisations/Projects are invited to apply for funding.
- Disbursement of StreetSmart funding happens annually.
- Funded Organisations/Projects are required to give a detailed report on expenditure.
StreetSmart Cape Town funds are towards:
- Amy Foundation: R10,000 towards a literacy facilitator's salary.
- Cape Town Multi Service Centre: R40,000 towards two aftercare teachers’ salaries, transport towards conducting home visits, and educational supplies.
- Home from Home: Masiphumulele, Ocean View and Westlake: R40,000 towards a social and auxiliary social worker salaries.
- Learn to Live: R40,000 towards the hospitality workshop facilitator salary.
- Ons Plek: R40,000 towards a social worker salary.
- School of Hope – Thembalitsha Foundation: R40,000 towards computer skills training instructor salary.
- The Homestead: R10,000 towards a street outreach worker salary.
- T.L.C.: R40,000 towards a field worker salary.
- Zip Zap Circus: R10,000 towards 2nd Chance circus training instructor salary.
StreetSmart Franschhoek funds are towards:
- The Kusasa Project: R50,000 towards a social worker salary.
StreetSmart George funds are towards:
- Kidstop: R20,000 towards a child and youth care worker salary.
StreetSmart Johannesburg funds are towards:
- Kids Haven: R25,000 towards the Bridging School programme.
- MES Youth Programme: R10,000 towards the after-school programme co-ordinator salary.
StreetSmart Knysna funds are towards:
- Sinethemba Projects: R65,000 towards a social auxiliary worker salary.
StreetSmart Plettenberg Bay funds are towards:
- Home from Home BITOU Project: R10,000 towards social worker supervision.
- Masizame Projects: R40,000 towards a social auxiliary worker salary.
StreetSmart Stellenbosch funds are towards:
- Home from Home: Kayamandi (5) & Cloetesville (2): R55,000 towards a social and auxiliary social worker salaries.
- Pebbles Project - After-school club programme: R15,000 towards an ECD Support Teacher.
- Stellumthombo – Becoming Kids: R15,000 towards a learning support facilitator salary.
StreetSmart Swellendam funds are towards:
- The Bursary Fund: R30,000.00 towards funding of text books and travel costs for registered 2/3-year students.
StreetSmart Wellington funds are towards:
- NorSA: R15,000 towards a social worker salary.
[Feedback on how these funds were administered will be given by each organisation in Report format by 31 August 2021.]
Click here to read some impact stories of how your donation changes the lives of young people.