Click here to read some impact stories of how your donation changed the lives of young people.
Organisations/Projects Selected for 2022
- Approved Organisations/Projects are invited to apply for funding.
- Disbursement of StreetSmart funding happens annually.
- Funded Organisations/Projects are required to give a detailed report on expenditure.
StreetSmart Cape Town funds are towards:
- Amy Foundation: R50,000 towards equipment for mathematics classes in the after school programmes.
- Cape Town Multi Service Centre: R75,000 towards equipment and the salary of an aftercare teacher.
- Home from Home: R50,000 towards social work services in Cape Town (3) and Stellenbosch (2).
- Learn to Live: R50,000 towards hospitality workshop equipment.
- Ons Plek: R75,000 towards a social worker salary and the Back to School programme.
- School of Hope – Thembalitsha Foundation: R50,000 towards the computer application technology programme.
- T.L.C.: R50,000 towards equipment for the aftercare and outreach programmes.
- The Homestead: R75,000 towards the Back to School programme.
- Zip Zap Circus: R50,000 towards Khula Nathi and 2nd Chance circus training programmes at the dome.
StreetSmart Helderberg funds are towards:
- Thembalitsha Foundation: R5,000 towards educational equipment and stationery for the educare centre.
StreetSmart Johannesburg funds are towards:
- Kids Haven: R60,000 towards a Bridging School faciliator salary.
- MES Youth Programme: R40,000 towards the after-school programme co-ordinator salary.
StreetSmart Knysna funds are towards:
- Lukhanyiso: R25,000 towards a tutoring teacher salary.
StreetSmart Oudtshoorn funds are towards:
- FAMSA Karoo: R7,000 towards social work assessment and therapy.
StreetSmart Plettenberg Bay funds are towards:
- Masizame Projects: R10,000 towards a social auxiliary worker salary.
StreetSmart Prince Albert funds are towards:
- PACT: R10,000 towards the OOPKOP programme, providing after-school homework and educational support.
StreetSmart Stellenboach funds are towards:
- Home from Home: Kayamandi (5) & Cloetesville (2): R30,000 towards a social worker salary.
StreetSmart Wellington funds are towards:
- NorSA: R13,000 towards a social worker salary.
- MA’S VIR WELLINGTON: R5,271.00 towards the Supersterre creative learning programme.
[Feedback on how these funds were administered will be given by each organisation in Report format by 31 August 2022.]
Click here to read some impact stories of how your donation changes the lives of young people.