Click here to read some impact stories of how your donation changed the lives of young people.
Organisations/Projects Selected for 2020
- Approved Organisations/Projects are invited to apply for funding.
- Disbursement of StreetSmart funding happens annually.
- Funded Organisations/Projects are required to give a detailed report on expenditure.
Cape Town StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Amy Foundation: R35,000 towards a literacy facilitator's salary.
- Cape Town Multi Service Centre: R65,000 towards two aftercare teachers’ salaries, transport towards conducting home visits, and educational supplies.
- Home from Home: Masiphumulele, Ocean View and Westlake: R65,000 towards a social and auxiliary socail worker salaries.
- Learn to Live: R65,000 towards the hospitality skills training instructor salary.
- Ons Plek: R65,000 towards a social worker salary.
- School of Hope – Thembalitsha Foundation: R65,000 towards computer skills training instructor salary.
- The Homestead: R35,000 towards a street outreah worker salary.
- T.L.C.: R65,000 towards a field worker salary and related transport costs.
- Zip Zap Circus: R35,000 towards 2nd Chance circus training workshop instructors.
Franschhoek StreetSmart funds is towards:
- The Kusasa Project: R70,000 towards social worker salaries.
George StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Kidstop: R15,000 towards a child and youth care worker salary.
Helderberg StreetSmart funds is towards:
- ACVV Bright Lights: R35,000 towards a social worker salary.
Johannesburg StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Kids Haven: R70,000 towards the Bridging School facilitator and social worker salaries.
- MES Youth Programme: R30,000 towards the after schools programme co-ordinator salary.
Knysna StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Sinethemba Projects: R95,000 towards a social auxiliary worker salary.
Oudtshoorn StreetSmart funds is towards:
- FAMSA: R15,000 towards a life-skills educational project for boys.
Plettenberg Bay StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Home from Home PLETT Projects: R15,000 towards social worker supervision.
- Masizame Projects: R45,000 towards a family reunification worker salary.
Pretoria StreetSmart funds is towards:
- PEN: R15,000 towards social worker salary.
Stellenbosch StreetSmart funds is towards:
- Home from Home: Kayamandi (5) & Cloetesville (2): R40,000 towards a social and auxiliary social worker salaries.
- Pebbles Project - After-school club programme: R10,000 towards an After-School Club training facilitator salary.
- Stellumthombo – Becoming Kids: R10,000 towards a learning support facilitator salary.
Swellendam StreetSmart funds is towards:
- The Bursary Fund: R30,000.00 towards funding of text books and travel costs for registered 2/3-year students.
Wellington StreetSmart funds is towards:
- NorSA: R45,000 towards auxiliary social worker salaries.
Feedback on how these funds were administered will be given by each organisation in Report format by 31 August 2020.