StreetSmart South Africa supports World Homeless Day as it highlights the plight of millions of homeless people across the world. We encourage local communities to be part of the solution by giving responsibly.
Acting as a conduit fundraising organisation, StreetSmart partners with restaurants, accommodation establishments, wine tasting venues and online businesses, to receive donations from patrons.
StreetSmart ensures that every cent donated goes towards supporting locally run programmes that prevent the vulnerable from becoming street children and help those already on the streets through reintegration back into schools or their families, to achieve long-term interventions.
WHERE STREET CHILDREN ARE CONCERNED, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU:
- Do NOT give them gifts or money – this only enables them to keep living on the streets
- Greet them in a friendly manner
- Rather give money to initiatives that addresses the challenges faced by street children, i.e. StreetSmart South Africa, which has a national network of collaborative partners.
HOW YOU CAN BE PART OF THE STREETSMART SOUTH AFRICA SOLUTION:
- Visit and Donate at StreetSmart establishments
- Donate directly to StreetSmart via EFT, PayFast or SnapScan
- Become a StreetSmart Fundraising Partner - Sign-up your establishment today!
- Become a Corporate Sponsor and boost your CSI and BEE scoring
- Volunteer your skills
- Start StreetSmart in your own town or city
Be Part of The Solution, Give Responsibly